Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day and 'Boutique Accessories'

Hope everyone had a fantastic Valentine's Day. I sure did, besides having my wonderful husband of 32 years, I also got to go with him to give our daughter-in-law his valentine to her (he has always gotten our daughter, Ashley, and now our daughter-in-law chocolates for Valentine's day. This year, he addressed the card to our daughter-in-law to 'Sammy and Baby.' I'm so excited for our new little baby Evelyn to come in May!

I have really just avoided (because of lack of subject matter) baby/child/children/mother related crafty supplies for several years. I'm so excited to have a reason to use all the cute stamps, etc. again that relate to babies and children!

At first I didn't think I'd use Papertrey Ink's new 'Boutique Accessory' line, because I don't make jewelry, or hair accessories....then I visited each of the designer's blogs and saw the cute accessories they made, and a light bulb went off....'Evelyn is going to have hair,' and she is going to need some cute accessories!!! Perfect excuse for more creative time :) I started out making this broach....and I really appreciated Maile Belle's http://mailebelles.blogspot.com/2013/02/boutique-accessories.html little tutorial on how to put it together, so thank you Maile!

I used the closest thing I had to a handmade stamp from the 'Button Boutique' stamp set by PTI. I added a little but stick pin you could use with the broach or separately on any kind of paper crafting project.

Thanks for stopping by!






3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Suzanne! I love the red polka dotted fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love polka dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this turned out sooooo cute. I love the red. So festive! How fun to have a new little one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts....